Car enthusiasts and luxury car owners know that not all vehicles are created equal. In fact, the time that it takes to keep luxury vehicles and show cars in immaculate condition is far greater than that of an economy car.
At Tommy Terrific’s luxury car wash in Plano, Texas, we want to help you keep your luxury car in pristine condition! That’s why we offer a variety of packages and memberships for the very best results. In this article, we discuss 4 important maintenance considerations for luxury car appearances and upkeep.
HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR LUXURY CAR
- BE MINDFUL OF THE ELEMENTS
- It’s a common misconception that rain, oil, dirt, and even bird droppings aren’t hurting your vehicle. This is because most people believe they can wash it off at any time. On the contrary, oils and bird droppings actually contain mild acids that slowly erode your paint away. Rainwater can even activate dry sediment on the finish and damage your exterior if it’s not removed quickly.
- In order to keep your high-end vehicle in pristine condition, it’s important to wash your car following exposure to damaging elements. If you happen to have a luxury car, it’s a good idea to invest in a monthly car wash membership, like to ones we offer an Tommy Terrific’s luxury car wash.
- PROTECT YOUR CAR FROM THE SUN
- If you live in Plano, Texas, then you know firsthand what sun damage can do to the exterior of your car. UV rays actually break down the paint and finish. This can lead to unfavorable cracking, peeling, and faded paint.
- To protect your car from sun damage, incorporate a form of wax or sealant into your car wash routine. Wax doesn’t just make your vehicle shine, it also protects your car from the sun and other elements. If you can’t avoid parking your luxury car in the sun regularly, you may want to invest in a car cover.
- DON’T FORGET THE WHEELS
- Although many vehicle owners simply want a basic cleaning when they visit a carwash, spending a few extra dollars on a thorough cleaning experience will help you in the long run.
- That little bit extra helps the beating your wheels take from brake dust and the elements. Brake dust contains tiny iron particles. When these particles are exposed to wetness and moisture, they rust into your wheel’s finish. If your wheels get wet, you’ll want to clean them before any damage occurs.
- ALWAYS CLEAN YOUR INTERIOR
- Even when a car has been recently cleaned and serviced, it’s easy to notice if it hasn’t maintained throughout its whole life. Regular upkeep and simple things, such as vacuuming, actually make a big difference in adding years of life to your car.
- Luxury car owners should make it a point to vacuum their car at least once a week. Sand, gravel, and rocks cause tiny abrasions in the interior of your car, while dirty shoes damage carpet fibers. The longer your vehicle stays dirty, the more damage you incur.
THE BEST LUXURY CAR WASH IN PLANO TEXAS
Tommy’s Terrific Car Wash in Plano, Texas is committed to giving you the best service and cash wash experience possible. We don’t just help you maintain your vehicle; we give you a comfortable space to relax while we do it. Our $27 “full service” option even comes with a complimentary beer or wine. Come see today!